Water Damage Timelines
- Drywall Begins to Dissolve and Breakdown
- Metal Surfaces Begin to Tarnish
- Furniture begins to swell and crack.
- Dyes and Inks From Cloth and Paper Goods Spread and Stain
- A Must Odour Begins to Form.
48 Hrs- 1 Week
- Mould and mildew may grow and spread.
- Doors, windows, and studs swell and warp.
- Metal begins to rust and corrode.
- Furniture warps and shows signs of mould.
- Paint begins to blister.
- Wood flooring swells and warps.
- Serious biohazard contamination is possible.
More Than 1 Week
- Restoration time and cost increase dramatically; replacing contaminated materials and structural rebuilding may be extensive.
- Structural safety, mould growth, and biohazard contaminants pose serious risks to occupants.
Water Damage Timeline
In many cleaning and restoration situations, immediate action is needed. Ottawa Extreme Clean is strategically positioned to be faster to any size emergency. An immediate response helps to minimize the damage and the cleaning and restoration costs.
Water is particularly invasive, quickly spreading throughout your property and being absorbed into floors, walls, furniture, etc. Ottawa Extreme Clean will arrive quickly and start the water extraction process almost immediately.
Swiss Re Insurance